Sunday, March 7, 2010

Super Baby Food

I decided that I would make Lily's food myself, so I got the Super Baby Food book and all the fruit and veg from the farmers market and spent the morning steaming, baking and pureeing yesterday.

I started her with some food from jars, just to see if she like certain foods before I made huge batches of them. Since she takes after her parents and will seemingly eat anything, whether she likes it or not, we've all seen the peas video, I decided to forge ahead.


So we are stocked for the next while with apples, pears, avocado, butternut squash, zucchini, sweet potato, and of course carrots. I was wondering whether I would regret making this decision to make my own food but once I got going it was so quick and easy I am now happy with this whole situation. The more you hear about the scary preservatives etc they put in food the more I think this is the way to go. I'm sure that Lily will have some food from some jars when we are away from home but if most of her food is prepared from fresh fruit and vegetables it can't be bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment