Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter Egg Hunt

Lily, Max, Skip & Julie and I all went to Decatur to attend the Easter Egg Hunt with the New Mom Crew, and we dressed Lily up in her Easter best! As you can see she looked fabulous and had a great time. Although Lily was a little young to actually hunt for Easter Eggs it did not seem to dampen her spirits!

She is getting so good at sitting up now I actually am happy to let her go and take her picture without being scared to death she will fall over.

Although I have nothing to compare it to, it being Lily's and my first ever Easter Egg Hunt, it seemed to be a little less crazed than I expected. The kids all waited patiently around the edge of the town square, with vast quantities of candy/sweets all laid out in front of them. That in itself was a minor miracle I thought. After they had made their introduction and declared the Easter Egg Hunt open, I expected mass carnage as children rushed for all that sugar, but actually they all just seemed to amble about politely picking up candy/sweets here and there and generally being cute instead of vicious. Amazing! Maybe the carnage would ensue if you tried to have an activity later in the day after they had eaten what they collected.



No comments:

Post a Comment