Saturday, February 27, 2016

Annabelle's Math Study

Well it's time to brag about Annabelle now! There is a student teacher named Alexa at her preschool. She asked if she could do a math study with Annabelle that she would video and report on. Here is the video, and underneath what she said about the findings:











From Alexa: "Thank you for letting me do this with her! I will be doing another problem solving interview with her once my group mates watch this video and give me feedback on where to go next with Annabelle. My teacher was really surprised that she was already using grouping as her strategy to figure out the number of buttons. 
The strategies she uses to count are so advanced I don't even know what to do next with her! My teacher suggested even going to multiplication problems to see how she would solve it.

I also did love how she tried to match the number of holes, but I was so confused as to what she was trying to do at first. I think she even tried to match the colors too. How observant :) "

No comments:

Post a Comment