Before the final interview the petitioners only were in a separate room from the court, and had some final questions and preperations before the ceremony. It was very surreal, and although people were happy some didn't see the need to smile to express their joy!
But we all waved the little flags when they played "Proud to be an American" on the tv.
Here is me being handed my official citizenship certificate by the USCIS Immigration Officer. We were also given a paper bookmark with the US flag on it.
Here I am! Certificate in hand, couldn't be happier or prouder! Thank you everyone for all of your support and thank you Max, Lily & Skip for coming to the ceremony.
Rachel! It's Kathy! The girls' old sitter! I was trying to find an email address to keep in contact since my number changed and I had lost yours! I check in on your blog every now and again to see how they are and how big they've gotten!! I miss them so. My email address is kathyzea@aol.com hope to hear from you soon!
ReplyDelete